29 September 2019

Book designing

I also did some book designing recently. I mean a year back, when I had to be with my baby. I usually put her to sleep, grab my wacom and just immerse myself into beautiful kids illustrations. I wanted to self publish a book on my native language Tamil. You dont find too many books for kids on Tamil rhymes. So I thought why not make an illustrated, colorful, interesting book based on that. Its been a year I worked on this. I almost took 6-8 months illustrating for the book. It came out beautiful, all the illustrations were out of my heart. Basically I wanted to make a book for my daughter, if you see closely most of the little baby and girl child illustration in the book will look just like my daughter.

I was supposed to launch the book for quiet some time, but for some reason I couldn't find a good printing press. I have been looking for publishers as a second option, also eBook if it would work out for these kind of books. Lets see how it goes, but just wanted to share on what I have been upto so far. Consider it a sneak peak. Also working on more book, the contents are ready just working on illustrations

No comments: